The Global Chemical Leasing Award was launched in 2009 and held in 2010, 2012, 2014, 2018 by UNIDO with the direct support of the Austrian, German and Swiss governments. The application period for the fifth Global Chemical Leasing award 2021 is open.
The Award is considered as an efficient communication, awareness raising and motivational tool. The Award intends to showcase commitments to innovative and sustainable management principles and to provide practical insights for industry, policymakers and academia. It acknowledges best practices, innovative approaches and ideas related to Chemical Leasing and similar performance-based business models for sustainable chemicals management. It promotes the development and application of “smart” service-oriented business concepts and seeks to inspire companies and individuals around the globe to rethink how they operate with chemicals.
The Award provides the following benefits for participating companies and individuals:
- Recognition from the international community. The award gives companies, researchers, academics, and creative individuals an excellent opportunity to present themselves and what they stand for to a wider audience.
- PR. Best practices are picked up by media and social networks, inspiring more companies and individuals to adopt these innovative solutions.
- A platform for knowledge exchange and discussion on topics related to performance-based business models and sustainable chemical management.
- Showcasing of creative ideas, best practices and innovative solutions to reduce environmental impact, boost profits, and create social benefits.
- Evaluation by an international jury. This will help convince customers, partners and the public of your trustworthiness.